- This event has passed.
Local Government Coastal Safety – Risk Forum
October 19, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
To improve information sharing, industry knowledge, risk culture and awareness.ATTENDEES
Local Government staff with responsibilities for Coastal Safety including Leisure Services, Land Managers, lifeguards and risk professionals.
Statewide Mutual and University of New South Wales
HOST & CHAIR
Lake Macquarie City Council’s Leisure Services Manager, Brad Sutton
|9.30am||Enjoy a refreshing tea or coffee and some networking overlooking the beautiful Lake Macquarie coast.
Session will start promptly at 10am.
|10.00am – 10.10am||Session objectives and introductions.|
|10.10am – 10.55am||Beach Safety Update – Presented by Brad Sutton.
• Project Blueprint.
• External review on best practice.
• Improvements planned for the 2018/19 season incl. data collection.
|10.55am – 11.10am||Morning tea break (Catering provided)|
|11.10am – 11.50am||Calculator Presented by Rob Brander, University of NSW Lifeguard|
|12.00pm – 12.30pm||Lunch (Catering provided)|
• How does each Council rate with regards to Beach Safety?
• How can we be more strategic, achieve maximum impact with existing resources?
• Opportunities for further industry collaboration/info sharing throughout the season.
By COB Friday 12 October.
RSVP directly with Council via email@example.com