ENTRIES NOW CLOSED
The Statewide Mutual Risk Management Excellence Awards (RMEA) acknowledge excellence by NSW councils in implementing risk management initiatives. The awards are open to all member councils and exist to:
- Promote recognition of proactive risk management practices.
- Raise awareness of risk management challenges across NSW local government.
- Identify opportunities through innovation in risk management.
Recognising the varying level of resourcing available to councils, two council categories have been established. These are as follows:
- Large Regional Councils / Metropolitan Councils (Office of Local Government Grouping 2-7)
- Rural / Regional Councils / County Councils (Office of Local Government Grouping 8-11)
- Strategic/Enterprise Risk Initiative
- Promotes improvement at a senior management level,
- Addresses risks impacting the whole council,
- Facilitates standard processes for decision-making across council.
- Operational Risk Initiative – details continuous improvement in the management of operational risk exposures.
- Technological Innovation –utilises technological innovation to foster risk improvement.
Councils who enter will receive recognition for their entry.
For the most outstanding entries in each Initiative Category, awards will be presented to a council from each Council Category.
An overall winner for each Council Category will be awarded from the winners of the Initiative Categories.
Terms & Conditions
- Only online applications are accepted. The RMEA submission form is available via the Member Centre.
- There is no entry fee charged
- Applications with a primary focus on WHS risk initiatives will not be accepted.
- Applicants must:
- Include an Initiative title;
- Nominate the relevant submission category;
- Ensure that all fields are completed
- Include a readily identifiable and electronically reproducible council logo;
- Ensure that all relevant supporting documents are attached.
- The judging panel will consist of members of the Statewide Mutual Board and the Regional Risk Management team.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Entries close Friday 16 July 2021 at 5pm. No entries will be accepted after the published deadline.
- These awards are limited to individual members of Statewide Mutual. Group applications are not accepted.
- Initiatives, ideas, concepts and programs submitted become public property unless specifically protected by legal condition and notified to us at the time of lodgement.
Please contact your Regional Risk Manager with any questions or requests for support regarding this year’s RMEA.
Entries have closed. Thanks to all those who entered.