CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PATHWAY

THE 2018-19 PROGRAMME

The Continuous Improvement Pathway (CIP) is a powerful programme based on the principles contained in AS/NZS ISO31000:2009 for the management of risk. The programme is voluntary and allows councils to identify and work on projects that continuously improve risk systems.

The CIP exists to help councils advance the continuous improvement of risk management systems through individually chosen projects, benchmarking and participation in Statewide Mutual programmes and initiatives. This ongoing improvement and participation strengthens and maintains council’s commitment to the Mutual.

The CIP offers a framework that Members can use to assess their progress in developing effective risk management systems. Where the organisation can best focus its efforts towards achieving its continuous improvement objectives will also be identified.

PROGRAMME ELEMENTS

The Regional Risk Management team actively monitors the CIP programme and acts on feedback from councils to evolve the programme to achieve the Mutual’s objective of “promoting good risk management practice”.

The key elements of the programme are participation, benchmarking, engagement and improvement. There are opportunities and tools available to fulfil the requirements of the programme and liaison with your Regional Risk Manager (RRM) will provide the best opportunity to maximise the value from the programme.

The four elements make up 70% of the annual discretionary rebate calculation, and claims history makes up the remaining 30%.


Further information

Please login to the Member Centre for more detail and access to the CIP Workbooks.

If you have any questions, would like the programme changes explained in further detail, or have feedback or concerns about the changes please do not hesitate to contact your Regional Risk Manager.

Download the CIP Fact Sheet

 

© Copyright 2020 JLT Risk Solutions Pty Ltd – ABN 69 009 098 864 AFS Licence No: 226827